When we use the term “personal information” we are referring to information that is connected to your name or can be reasonably connected to your name. This may include things like your IP address, e-mail address, mailing address, birthday, telephone number, photographs, personal images, or beauty profile information you provide that could be used to identify you, or information about the products you purchase, when those pieces of data are stored with your name. Any information that is not connected to your name is not considered personal information.
WHAT DO WE DO WITH YOUR INFORMATION?
LoveMakers Foundation uses the personal information that it collects to provide you with products you order, information, and services. We may use your information to track your purchase, purchase history and to contact you for account and promotional purposes. We may also use your personal information for other legitimate business purposes, including to detect and prevent fraud, to collect amounts owing to us and to maintain business records.
Like other sites, we may also passively collect information using various technologies (which cannot presently be used to specifically identify you) such as your site preferences, age, gender, language, time zone, income and education (some of the information we ask for may be optional). We may use or disclose aggregate information for any purpose. We also collect information about you from third parties. We collect your personal information from third parties, such as social media sites and data co-ops. We purchase from and trade contact information, demographic information, commercial information, and internet and electronic activity with data co-ops and other third-party data aggregators.
How do you get my consent?
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only. If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
How do I withdraw my consent?
If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at any time, by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or mailing us at:
1255 W. Colton Avenue #602
Redlands, CA 92374
We do not sell your personal information. We may share your information to ensure delivery of the products you order, obtain payment if you choose to use the Afterpay process, or other legitimate reasons discussed more below, we may also disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so or if you violate our Terms of Service.
Our store is hosted on Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you. Your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Shopify stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
For more insight, you may also want to read Shopify’s Terms of Service (https://www.shopify.com/legal/terms) or Privacy Statement (https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy).
We share personal information with service providers, some of whom may provide marketing assistance, and may also share information with other trusted brands whom they believe may be of interest to their customers.
Certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
As an example, if you are located in Canada and your transaction is processed by a payment gateway located in the United States, then your personal information used in completing that transaction may be subject to disclosure under United States legislation, including the Patriot Act.
When you click on links on our store, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
Our store uses Google Analytics to help us learn about who visits our site and what pages are being looked at.
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed. While we attempt to protect the information in our possession, no security system is perfect and we cannot promise that information about you will remain secure in all circumstances.
If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with a AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
Here is a list of cookies that we use. We’ve listed them here so you that you can choose if you want to opt-out of cookies or not.
_session_id, unique token, sessional, Allows Shopify to store information about your session (referrer, landing page, etc).
_shopify_visit, no data held, Persistent for 30 minutes from the last visit, Used by our website provider’s internal stats tracker to record the number of visits
_shopify_uniq, no data held, expires midnight (relative to the visitor) of the next day, Counts the number of visits to a store by a single customer.
cart, unique token, persistent for 2 weeks, Stores information about the contents of your cart.
_secure_session_id, unique token, sessional
storefront_digest, unique token, indefinite If the shop has a password, this is used to determine if the current visitor has access.
PREF, persistent for a very short period, Set by Google and tracks who visits the store and from where
In addition to the above, we may use the following technologies to automatically collect information about your activities on our websites.
- Flash Cookies2
- Web beacons, clear pixels, or pixel tags.3
- Web server logs.4
- Geo-location technologies.5
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY NOTICES AND RIGHTS
If you are a California resident, you may have certain privacy rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 ("CCPA Rights"). Under the CCPA and its regulations, California residents have:
- the right to request access to the personal information collected in the previous 12 months;
- the right to request deletion of personal information; and
- the right to opt out of the “sale”, as defined under the CCPA, of personal information.
These rights are subject to certain exemptions and exceptions as well as certain steps that must be taken to verify your identity. If you elect to exercise any of your rights under CCPA, LoveMakers Foundation will not deny services, provide a different price or rate for our services, or provide a different level of service to you because you exercised such rights.
When exercising your Right to Know and Delete under the CCPA, you have the right to request the following from us:
- The categories of personal information we collect about you;
- The categories of sources from which we collect your personal information;
- The business purpose for collecting your personal information;
- The categories of third parties with whom we share your personal information; and
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you in the previous 12 months.
DO NOT TRACK
We do not track site visitors across third-party websites and therefore do not respond to Do Not Track signals or requests.
AGE OF CONSENT
Our services are not directed at children under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children. We recognize the special obligation to protect personally identifiable information obtained from children and request that if you are 16 years old or younger to please not submit any personally identifiable information to the site or company. By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
If our store is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue to sell products to you.
QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact our Privacy Compliance Officer at email@example.com, or call us on our toll-free number 1-877-711-0850.
[Re: Privacy Compliance Officer]
1255 W. Colton Avenue #602, Redlands, CA 92374
- "Cookies" are small bits of information that are placed on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies remember information about your activities on the site to make your visits to our website more enjoyable and valuable to you by providing a customized experience and recognizing your preferences when you visit our website. If you've chosen to disable cookies on your browser, some of the functionality of our website may be lost. Certain of our web page, particularly those that require a login and password, require that cookies be enabled in your browser and cannot be used when you have disabled cookies in your browser.
- Flash cookies (also called Local Shared Objects or "LSOs") are data files similar to cookies, except that they can store more complex data. Flash cookies are used to remember settings, preferences, and usage, particularly for video, interactive gaming, and other similar services.
- Web beacons are small graphic images on a Web page or in an e-mail that can be used for such things as recording the pages and advertisements clicked on by users, or tracking the performance of e-mail marketing campaigns.
- Web server logs are records of activity created by the computer that delivers the webpages you request to your browser. For example, a web server log may record the search term you entered or the link you clicked to bring you the webpage. The Web server log also may record information about your browser, such as your IP address and the cookies set on your browser by the server.
- Geo-location technology refers to technologies that permit us to determine your location. We may ask you to manually provide location information on our website, or to enable your mobile device to send us precise location information. We may also automatically collect general location information from your web browser.
Last updated March 2021